Tuesday, October 13, 2009

And I'm officially a liar...

Well, hello, Blog.

I said I'd visit you weekly and I haven't. To be frank, I have no idea what I was thinking when I said that would visit you weekly because I a) don't really have that much to say and b) really don't have enough time to say what little I have to say.

There. I said it.

But new days are for new beginnings, are they not? So here I am. New day. New beginning.

We are officially in Week 8 of the semester, approximately halfway through the material. I will be leaving on Thursday night for LEEP weekend... and I am really looking forward to it. I have sessions on Friday (Kiddie Lit) and Saturday (501) but will be in Shampoo-Banana until Sunday, because why rush home? That, and the Digital Libraries advising session on Sunday from 11-12.

Grad school (all two classes I've been taking) has proven to be a bit more stressful and time-consuming than I had originally planned. As a result of my class schedule, my once flexible work schedule has become rigid and my "days off" have become close to non-existent. My propensity for putting off until tomorrow what can be done today has led to assignments being turned in within seconds of their due date/time and the two LARGE group projects that were once specks in the distance are now charging toward me at alarming speeds.

I am - believe it or not - enjoying myself, however. I am really looking forward to getting to visit with friends from Boot Camp because I just met some amazing people in those 10 days. I am also hoping to meet a few more awesome people from 403 and 501... that's exciting, too. I love being a student again and a student at UIUC again to boot.

So I'll sum up the first 8 weeks of my first semester of grad school this way: an adjustment that I am still making that appears to be well worth it.

Hope to have pictures and stories to share from LEEP Weekend '09. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment